Wizkids relance Mage Knight

sur BGG, ils font actuellement une sorte d'happening quotidien sur Mage Knight the boardgame. Paul Grogan nous propose en effet de découvrir une des cartes du jeu par jour.

Nous en sommes déjà au jour 4 et voici ce que ça donne :

Paul Grogan dit:With permission from Wizkids and the designer, I will be releasing daily updates, showing images from the game and explaining the basic mechanics of the game.
WEEK 1 - The basic action cards:
DAY 1: Stamina

I have chosen this card to start with because it is one of the simplest cards to understand. As time goes on, I will post more images of more cards that have far more text on than this. Don't worry, not all cards are this simple
Each hero starts with a deck of 16 cards. 15 of them are the same for all players, but one card is unique to that hero. The card above is card number 7 and is common to all players decks. In fact, each hero has 2 of these cards in their deck.
Every action card has 2 uses. You can either play it for the top effect - in this case 2 Movement points. Or, if you spend a mana of the colour shown - Green (also the colour of the card), you get the improved effect (Movement 4).
Each player may only use 1 mana per turn from 'the source', so at the very start of the game, you will probably be only to play the improved effect of one of your cards. However, as the game progresses you may find ways of collecting mana crystals. These are one-use items that you place in your backpack. A crystal can be used at any time and it produces 1 mana.
So, for example, lets say you have 2 "March" cards in hand, there is 1 Green mana available in the source, and you have a green crystal in your backpack....
You could play the first March card, powering it up with green mana from the source for 4 movement, and then break open your green crystal for another point of green mana to power up the second March card giving you 8 movement points for the turn.
DAY 2: Rage

Today is Day 2 and we have another basic action card for you from the same deck as the last one (Arythea).
The icon in the top left shows you this is a combat card, which again is fairly obvious from the card effect. The normal effect of the card is either Attack 2 or Block 2, but if you power it with Red mana, it becomes Attack 4.
So now is the time to explain the very basics of combat, something which will be expanded upon in coming weeks. First of all, worry ye not for people who get scared by dice in games (like me). The combat in this game isn’t resolved with dice – woohoo. In fact, similar to some of Vlaada’s other games, it is something that you can plan for and work out before the fight, a little ‘logic puzzle’ as it were with you trying to defeat the monster with the cards you have in hand.
Saying that, there is a variant rule where another player assumes the role of whatever monster you fight and can increase some of its abilities which makes for a more unpredictable outcome.
Anyway, combat takes place over 4 steps.
1. Ranged Combat
2. Enemy attacks you
3. Damage assignment
4. You attack enemy
I will cover ranged combat tomorrow.
When the enemy attacks you, block comes in handy. If you don’t block the attack, you are going to get wounded. However, sometimes, you may need to just take one on the chin in order for you to be able to hit back enough to kill the enemy, especially with the Rage card – if you play it to Block, then you can’t play it to attack.
Damage assignment is where you decide where the damage goes that the enemy does to you.
And finally, you get to attack it back, which is where your attack cards come in handy. Each monster has an armour value. You need to play attack cards equal to or higher than the armour value to kill it. So, if you are fighting an enemy with armour 4 or less: The Rage card, powered by a red mana is enough to kill it.

DAY 3: Swiftness

Day 3 of the sneak preview brings us the first White card that has 2 very different uses. Played normally it gives 2 movement points, but if powered with white mana, you get ranged attack 3.
I mentioned yesterday that combat takes place over 4 steps.
1. Ranged Combat
2. Enemy attacks you
3. Damage assignment
4. You attack enemy
In step 1, you get a chance to kill the enemy before he hits you. And the rules for this are the same as normal attacks. You need to play enough ranged attack equal to or more than the armour value of the enemy. If you do, he dies. There is no ‘partial’ attacking. If he has 4 armour, there is no point doing 3 ranged attack to him, as it will just bounce off.
More about combat:
Yesterday’s update was quite long anyway, so I didn’t go into too much detail. However, here is more info.
When the enemy attacks you, Block cards are what you can play to stop yourself getting hurt. And like attacking, there is no partial block. You either block it completely or not at all. If something is attacking you with 5 attack, you need 5 block (or more); there is no point playing less.
If you don’t block the attack it will wound you. The amount of wounds you take depend on a few things and I will go into this more later, but generally wounds are bad. Wound cards stay in your hand clogging it up, so if you have 2 wounds in hand, then at the end of your turn when you draw up to 5 cards, your hand of 5 now has 2 dead cards in it. But do not fear, there are a few ways that wounds can be healed. More on this later in the week. During the game you can also recruit units to fight at your side, and these can also be used to take wounds. More on units in Week 3.

DAY 4: Promise

Today is Day 4 of the Mage Knight Board Game sneak preview and it brings us our second white basic action card: Promise. This simply gives influence points, which is another game mechanic we haven’t touched upon yet.
Some of the locations on the game board allow you to interact with some of the populace of the land. Villages and Monasteries as soon as they are found allow for interaction. Keeps, Mage Towers need to be conquered before interaction can happen.
During interaction you basically try and generate influence points, and then they can be spent on a variety of things, depending upon where you are. Units are recruited with influence points, the better the unit, the more influence it costs to recruit it. You may also spend influence at villages and monasteries to heal up (either yourself or a wounded unit). Monasteries also teach you special actions, whilst magic spells can be learnt at Mage Towers.
You reputation in the game affects how much influence you generate naturally. Everyone starts at the mid-point of the reputation track, which is an extra track on the same board as the fame track. The mid-point has an influence modifier of +0. This means if you gain 4 influence points from cards, that is what you have to spend. However, as the game progresses, if you manage to improve your reputation to the +2 space, then by playing “Promise” and powering with white mana, you will gain 6 influence to spend. Or, you could just turn up and without playing any cards, just spend 2 influence.
Reputation can be increased from defeating rampaging enemies as the people of this land don’t like them very much. However, reputation can also drop. The keeps and mage towers, whilst the rewards for capturing them are good, you actually lose reputation for assaulting them (since they are not ‘evil monsters’). There are other cards too and actions that you can take which can modify reputation accordingly. Burning down the local monastery for example. Negative reputation affects your attempts to interact in the same way. Add up the influence points you gain from playing cards and then modify it by the amount showing on the reputation track.

Playing cards “sideways”
It is at this point in the preview where I should explain this rule. So far, we have seen movement cards, attack cards and influence cards. There are times when you want to do one thing and just don’t get the cards. In fact, each turn you will probably have one or two cards in hand that don’t help you do what it is you are planning to do that turn. However, what you can do is that any card can be “played sideways” to generate 1 Move, 1 Block, 1 Attack (normal attack), or 1 Influence.
So, let’s say you are planning to visit a village and recruit some peasants (requires 4 Influence). Your reputation track is currently on the “+1” space, meaning you only need another 3 influence. You have “Promise” in hand, but there is no white mana available this turn, you cannot power it up. So, you decide to play the “Rage” card, which you are not planning to use this turn. You play it sideways as 1 influence. That gives you the 4 you need to recruit the peasants.

C'est un peu long alors j'ai eu la flemme de traduire. Si des gens ont besoin de la transcription dans la langue de Frank Ribéry... je ne peux rien pour eux. Pour le Français, je m'y collerai si nécessaire ;)

(je sais c'est mal de se moquer)

la suite :

DAY 5: Tranquility

Day 5 already. That means only 37 days until Essen! Not that I am counting.
Before I explain about this card, I’m going to explain a bit more about wounds. At first, I found this a bit confusing but after I’ve taught the game now to about a dozen people, I feel it’s actually quite easy to understand as long as it is explained properly, this is my attempt.
First of all, it doesn’t work the same way as armour on enemies. So if an enemy has 6 armour, you need to deal it 6 damage or it will all just bounce off. Damage on your hero doesn’t work like this at all.
As we’ve mentioned before, if you don’t block an attack you are going to get wounded. But the question is how badly. Your hero starts off with an Armour Value of 2. Whenever you get hit by an attack that you didn’t block, you take a wound card to your hand. This happens irrespective of your armour value. However, the strength of the attack is then reduced by your armour value. If there are any ‘strength points’ left, you take another wound and then again reduce the attack strength. This process repeats until the strength of the attack is reduced to zero or less.
Eg: If you are hit with an attack of strength 5 and you have 2 armour, you take 3 wounds.
Of course, as I have mentioned before, your units can also be used to take hits. Each of those has an armour value, and this reduces the strength of the attack the same way.
Wounds are bad. They are dead cards in your hand that cannot be used (and they cannot be played sideways for 1 point of something). To get rid of them, you need to heal. Which brings us onto today’s card. Tranquility gives you 1 or 2 points of healing, each point will remove a wound card from your hand (back to the pile of wound cards). You can also use healing points to heal your wounded units (1 Healing point required per level of the unit).
If you don’t need any healing, Tranquility can instead be used to draw more cards.

DAY 6: Improvisation

Most of the simple cards are out of the way now, so it is time to start showing ones with a bit more text on them
Improvisation is a very versatile card which I tend to use a lot. When you play this card, you discard any other card (except a wound card) from your hand to get 3 Move, 3 Influence, 3 Attack or 3 Block. If you power it with red mana, you get 5 instead of 3.
Until now, you may have just thought that each turn your decisions on what cards to play are relatively easy; if I want to move, I play a move card, if I want to block I play a block card....
However, once you start seeing cards like this, you soon realise there are many ways that you can do what you want to do, some more efficient than others, and some meaning you have difficult choices to make (i.e which card to discard)
So - with what we have so far, here is a test.
You start the turn with these cards in hand.
March, Rage, Promise, Tranquility and Improvisation.
Your draw deck is empty and the mana in the source is 1 White, 1 Red and 2 Black. Remember, you may only use 1 mana from the source this turn, you have no crystals, and it is daytime, meaning the black mana is actually useless.
This turn you want to move 1 space into a forest (3 movement points), and then you want to challenge an orc enemy token and kill it. The orc has 4 armour and 3 attack with no special abilities. Your own armour value is 2.
Can you do this without taking any wounds? Answers on a postcard to:
Mage Knight competition with no prize whatsoever
c/o Paul Grogan
Mighty Tower of Impenetrable Evil
Almighty Fissure of Darkness
Devon
UK

DAY 7: Mana Draw

Today is the last day of me showing you cards from the basic deck of cards that each player starts with. Choosing the last card was tricky because there are a few still to choose from, but I settled on this one. Now things start to get really interesting.
One of my friends thinks this is the most powerful card in the basic deck. I often use it sideways or to fuel an Improvisation card. I haven’t won that many games, so I am probably wrong
We have mentioned the Source before, but I will explain a little bit more now. The source is a pool of dice equal to the number of players +2. At the start of the game, you roll all the dice to represent what type of mana is available. Each turn, a player may use one mana from the source – if he does, that die is re-rolled and put back into the source. So as a round progresses, the mana in the source changes depending upon what people use.
Each mana die has the four basic colours of magic along with gold and black. Gold can only be used during the day and acts as a wild card, you can use it for any basic colour. Black is only used at night and is only used to power the effects of spells (It is not a wild card at night).
Mana Draw simply allows you to use a second mana dice from the source in one turn. Lets say you have 2 ‘March’ cards in hand, and there is 2 green mana in the source. You play play Mana Draw to allow you to use both green mana in the source to power both March cards to get your 8 Movement points.
But what if there was no green mana available but there was a white, or maybe only 1 green available. With the powered effect of Mana Draw, you can take a die from the source, set it to Green. You then gain 2 Green mana (which you have to use that turn). When you return dice to the source, the white that you spent to power the Mana Draw card is re-rolled and returned, but the one you set to green is not re-rolled.
Mana Draw is a great card, at the right time.

End of Week bonus

This is the Daytime Source board. On the left is the movement costs for the different types of terrain. On the right is the space where you place the mana dice rolled for that round.
The small numbers in the forest and desert show the movement cost of those two types of terrain at night.

ARgh! Atanaheim, tu m'as touché !
Je bave...
:pouicbravo:

Chvaatil. Au secours.

Un 2e bonus de fin de semaine a été posté alors que j'étais à l'Asmoday. On essaye de ma cacher des choses! Complot!
Mais heureusement mon réseau d'espion, constitué de moi-même, ne s'est pas laisser avoir :

End of Week bonus #2

In appreciation of all the positive feedback, here is a second end of Week 1 special preview. Why the week ends on a Thursday is just because all of this started on a Friday
I’ve chosen to reveal one of the map tiles. This is map tile number 2, which means for the tutorial scenario, it is already part of the map at the start of the game. In all other games, it is just randomly mixed into the pile to draw from.
First of all, the terrain. You can see plains, hills and forest on this tile. Plains cost 2 movement points to enter, hills and forests cost 3. However, as everyone knows, running around a forest at night is dangerous and at night, forests cost 5 movement points to enter.
We also have 4 icons to explain. You should be able to work out which is which
Green crystal mine. A hero ending their turn on this space gains 1 crystal of that colour to his inventory.
So, that is a crystal, not mana, and it happens at the end of your turn, so doesn’t use up your action for the turn either. However, most of the time when you are on a crystal mine, you probably won’t be taking any other action, but sometimes you will.
Village. Villages are where you can recruit some units and get yourself healed. Also, if you are that way inclined, you may choose to pillage a village. This loses you reputation but allows you to draw 2 cards AFTER you have drawn up to your normal handsize, so you get a benefit for next round.
The magical glade is a special place. If you start your turn on this space, you gain either gold or black mana (for day or night). This can give you a really good boost for that turn. And if you end your turn on this space (without without having to spend an action) you can gain a special type of healing.
Finally, the sword icon is one of the rampaging Orc enemies. As soon as this map tile is placed on the table, you take one of the Orc enemy tokens and place it face up on this space. Rampaging enemies are causing trouble to the local population so you get positive reputation for killing them (and fame too, which by the way is the point of the game!)
Rampaging enemies exert an ‘area of control’ all around them (in adjacent hexes). This means that if you move from 1 space within this area to another, they attack you. So, on map tile 2, moving from the central hex to the forest will provoke the orcs – they attack you and that is your action for the turn.
Or, you may challenge them instead. This uses up your action for the turn and can only be done from an adjacent hex. So, until the Orcs are defeated, you cannot actually enter their space; you either provoke them or challenge them.

Paul Grogan a ensuite enchainé sur la 2e semaine de previex :

DAY 8: Bolts of Ice

Today we leave the basic action cards alone and move into the advanced action cards. These work exactly the same way, but they are better. Nobody starts with any of these in their deck (unless you want to come up with some house rules to do so, which I've thought of )
At the start of the game, you shuffle the advanced action card deck and deal 3 of them underneath it in a row. This is the Advanced Action cards offer.
Whenever your hero levels up to an even numbered level (2,4,6...) then you will gain one of these action cards of your choice. Take the card, and put it face down on top of your deck. This is done before you replenish your cards at the end of your turn, which means the card you took is available for you next turn.
Move the cards you didnt take down to fill any gaps, and then deal another card off the top of the deck so that there are always 3 showing.
There are other ways to gain these cards, but we will touch on those later in the week. For now, lets have a look at this card. I've chosen a simple one with a small amount of text, but you can see already how it is better from a basic action card.
Played as it is, it gains you a blue crystal. Not mana, but a crystal. nice. But if you power it with Blue mana, you get Ice Ranged Attack 3.
"Hang on a minute" I hear you say, "That is just the same as the basic Swiftness card but using a different colour of mana!".
Well, kinda. However, you will find a number enemies that are resistant to physical attacks. This means that any normal attack cards played on them are at half strength. So, a swiftness card against something with 3 armour and physical resistance would be useless, since the switftness attack would be reduced to 1.5.
Ice Bolt however is Ice Attack. This means it is not affected by Physical resistance, so it does full damage. Plus, its a cool picture.
There is a lot more to talk about with other types of elemental attacks and resistances, but we will cover more later on when we start looking at the enemy tokens.

DAY 9: Making Friends and Influencing people

Apologies for the delay today. It wasnt real life that got in the way, it was being up until 3am playing this game
Anyway, we have another relatively simple card to show off today. Intimidate is a multi-use card that can be used in attacks or when influencing. Either way, whatever you are doing, it isnt nice and word spreads through the land that you are someone to avoid.
By now, you should be able to work out what this card does without me going into too much detail, but I will reveal some more information about the reputation track.

In most scenarios, each player starts with a token on the middle of this track. Reputation can go either up or down depending upon your actions and the cards you play. The number on the track shows what modifier you apply to your influence when you are interacting. For exmaple, if you've been a bad boy and you are on the -2 space on the track but you want to recruit a new unit which costs 6 Influence then you are going to need 8 Influence to do that. It just so happens that Intimidate provides 8 Influence, but then you will drop another 2 points on the reputation track afterwards.

DAY 10: Singing in the Clouds

There are 28 different advanced action cards. The choice of scenario, variant rules and number of players will decide how many of these cards you see in a game. This particular card seems to come up a lot in our games and is very popular as being able to move around the board is pretty important.
As you can see, the basic effect of the card is ok. 2 move points and a reduction on some terrain. But the powered effect is where is really comes in. Since the cost to move through plains is normally 2, then in most situations, this means you can zoom around parts of the board in that turn for free. The ability to cross lakes can also be very useful, depending upon the layout of the board.

la suite :

Paul Grogan dit:DAY 11: Maximal Effect

This is one scary card - They guy in it looks pretty angry to me. I certainly wouldnt want to bump into him on a Friday night on the way back from the pub.
Anyway, what does it do?
'Throwing away' is the terminology for removing a card from the game. Yes, we all know that a certain other game has a word for this, and it is probable that a lot of people playing this game will start to adopt that word instead. I will however, try to avoid doing that in my descriptions.
So, Maximal effect allows you to really get the most out of a card, but then it is gone. This can be good and bad when used early in the game. Playing Maximal effect along with "March" will get you 6 Move points, but then the March card is no longer in your deck. This might mean you are struggling a bit for move points in future rounds. On the flip side, you have 1 less card in your deck, meaning more chance of you getting the better cards (assuming you have some).
Maximal effect played in the last round of the game is great, since losing a basic card will have no effect on your score. Yes, advanced action cards in your deck at the end of the game are worth bonus points, and yes, you can use advanced actions with Maximal effect.
Look at Intimidate from earlier in the week. Play Maximal effect, spend a red mana and then play Intimidate with it. Attack 14, nice.... -4 Reputation.... whatever....
And yes, Attack 14 will come in handy later on in the game when you come across a High Dragon.

DAY 12: Training

Training is the very first Advanced Action card I took when playing my first full game. I was very excited about it because I would then be able to use it every round to take an even better card. However, I was still new to the game and things didnt work out as I expected.
Like Maximal Effect yesterday, Training allows to to remove a card from your hand out of the game (throw away). However, instead of getting a one off boost, it allows you to take a card from the Advanced Actions offer and if you powered training with green mana, that new card goes in your hand, ready to use right away!
Time to explain about the Advanced Actions offer. I may have done this already (I'm losing track), but I'll cover it here.
All 28 Advanced Action cards are shuffled and placed face down in a pile on the table. However, quite a few of these cards can be a bit too complex for peoples first game, so the tutorial scenario suggests removing a number of them. I have done this when showing the game to non-hardcore gamers (and when I learnt the game myself, but for my regular gaming group I left them all in)
At the start of each game, 3 of these cards are dealt out below the deck. This is the offer. Whenever a card is taken from the offer (like when someone plays the Training card), the remaining cards are shifted down and another one drawn to the top of the offer. The main way that cards are taken from this offer is when players Level Up. At each even-numbered level (2,4,6...), each player gains an Advanced Action from the offer - shifting down and drawing a new one each time.
Each Advanced Action card is worth 1 point towards the end of game scoring and counts toward the achievement "Greatest Knowledge"

One of the best parts about this game is the Walkthrough booklet. This is essential for learning the game and makes it a very enjoyable experience, only explaining the rules you need as you progress through a game. In the walkthrough, the Advanced Actions offer is not created at the start of the game. Otherwise, new players will get distracted by all the shiny new cards and start reading them saying "What are these? How do I get them?" etc.
Instead, the offer is only created at the time you need it (Normally when someone levels up for the first time)

DAY 13: Bolts of Fire

As week 2 draws to a close, we go back to combat. This card is very similar to the Ice Bolt card we saw earlier in the week. It provides Ranged Fire Attack when powered up which works the same way as the Ice Attack in that it is an elemental attack.
Against enemy units with no resistances, or just physical resistance, this attack is a straight 3 points of Fire damage. However, some enemies are resistant to Fire, and if you play this card on one of those, it is 'inefficient' which means the damage it does is halved. That isnt to say it is useless, it is just half strength, so the Fire Bolt against something with Fire Resistance would be reduced from 3 to 1.5, which might still be enough for you.

Ok, so.. I feel guilty as the Fire Bolt card isnt really anything new.. so... here is another card:

We mentioned last week that each Hero has a deck of 16 cards to start with. 15 of those are the same as everyone else, but one card is different. Cold Toughness is one of those cards, there is only one in the game, and it belongs in the basic action card deck of one of the heroes. Even though it is 'better' than a basic action card, it is still a basic action card (not an advanced action)
The reason I am showing this card is to explain how elemental Attacks and Blocks work. Some players I have shown the game have got confused by this bit, whereas I find it easy to understand.
First of all, forget the rules, and think about the theme. If someone is attacking you with a big ball of fire, what is the best defence? A wall of fire? No. A bag of fish and chips? No.
The best defence against a Fire attack is Ice. Someone throws a Fire Bolt at you, and to Block it, you could play the Cold Toughness card because it provides Ice Block 3. Do not think of "Ice Block" as "Blocking Ice", as it doesnt do that. It is a "Block OF Ice" which helps protect you against Fire attacks.
The same is true the other way around. Fire Block is a good defence against Ice Attacks.
That isnt to say the wrong type of block is wasted, it is just inefficient, which means it is halved.

So - lets say we are fighting some monster with Fire Attack 6. If we dont have any Ice Block effects handy, that means we're going to need 12 points of other Block to stop it hurting us. But, if we have Cold Toughness in hand, power it with blue mana, we already have Ice Block 5. Now we just need another 1. We decide to play a "Rage" card (from week 1), which gives us Block 2. Since that is normal block, it is inefficient and halved to 1. Added to the 5 from the Cold Toughness, we have 6 - enough to block the attack from the enemy.
Like other concepts in the game, this might sound a bit confusing at first, play one game and you'll be sorted.

bon ben faut espérer une VF !! :shock: ça à l'air énorme

C'était ça le jeu secret dont tu avais posté des images sur le sujet Ascension ?

Non non ce n'est pas le jeu secret.

Si vous voulez, je vous fait un thread spécial sur le jeu en question et je vous fait deviner avec un jeu de questions/réponse (où je ne répondrai que par oui ou non). Ça pourrait être marrant.

Si vous voulez que ça aille plus vite je ferai une présentation directe mais je manque un peu de temps en ce moment.

Tu peux aussi juste filer le nom...

Mat, pas joueur.

Mat dit:Tu peux aussi juste filer le nom...
Mat, pas joueur.

Pas joueur... Su TricTrac... mince j'ai loupé un truc ;)

Bah disons que si je donne le nom, il ne restera plus qu'à aller voir la fiche sur BGG. Et j'aime bien faire des découvrir des nouveaux trucs aux gens en présentant à ma propre sauce. En plus l'anglais de la présentation dudit jeu sur BGG n'est pas parfait et je ne voudrait pas vous faire l'affront de vous demander de lire un truc mal rédigé... Oui Oui je cherche toutes les excuses possibles là.

Si tu veux le nom, je te le file en MP. Mais si tu veux bien, j'aimerais pouvoir diffuser à plus grande échelle moi même

Harrycover dit:bon ben faut espérer une VF !! :shock: ça à l'air énorme

Pour l'instant c'est English only. Mais effectivement, ça à l'air énorme.

Le jeu en question s'appelle Eragra: The Game of Eras and the First Step et sortira pour Essen 2011.

Les illustrations sont splendides, l'idée du jeu est également sympathique : on se bat en duel de cartes, à la fois dans le passé et dans le futur. On collecte des cristaux dans le passé, en faisant s'affronter nos minions ; puis on fait basculer le jeu dans le futur avec notre réserve de cristaux : on change de deck et on se bat cette fois pour vider la réserve de cristaux de l'adversaire.

J'avoue que les illustrations et le concept sont plaisants, maintenant sera-ce un must to have ? L'avenir nous le dira. Un jeu à surveiller quoiqu'il en soit !

Don Lopertuis

... :?

je l'avais donné à Mat en MP et il a joué le jeu...

Tant pis... :cry:

Atanaheim dit:... :?

Tu as dit qu'il fallait qu'on le trouve, j'ai donc joué le jeu et j'ai gagné ;)

Ma présentation n'étant que sommaire ici, crée nous un beau topic dédié au jeu avec une présentation à la hauteur et dont tu as le secret, qu'on puisse aller taper la discut sur ce jeu, d'autant que peu de monde viendra voir cela ici, sur le topic de Wizkids.

Sinon, l'as-tu déjà essayé ce nouveau jeu de cartes ? A-t-on affaire à une réelle nouveauté ou n'est-ce qu'un soufflé qui risque de se dégonfler ?

Don Lopertuis

Don Lopertuis dit:
Atanaheim dit:... :?

Tu as dit qu'il fallait qu'on le trouve, j'ai donc joué le jeu et j'ai gagné ;)
Ma présentation n'étant que sommaire ici, crée nous un beau topic dédié au jeu avec une présentation à la hauteur et dont tu as le secret, qu'on puisse aller taper la discut sur ce jeu, d'autant que peu de monde viendra voir cela ici, sur le topic de Wizkids.
Sinon, l'as-tu déjà essayé ce nouveau jeu de cartes ? A-t-on affaire à une réelle nouveauté ou n'est-ce qu'un soufflé qui risque de se dégonfler ?
Don Lopertuis

J'ai saoulé l'éditeur pour qu'il m'en mette un de côté à Essen (normalement ils ne prennent pas de réservation). Le jeu sera ensuite dispo en boutiques. D'après l'éditeur il n'y aura qu'un tirage modeste en terme de quantité.
Sachant que le jeux est annoncé à 25€ à Essen et 33 en boutique, je n'ai pas hésité. Même si ce n'est que de la poudre aux yeux, ça ne m'aura pas coûté trop cher.

Atanaheim dit:J'ai saoulé l'éditeur pour qu'il m'en mette un de côté à Essen (normalement ils ne prennent pas de réservation). Le jeu sera ensuite dispo en boutiques. D'après l'éditeur il n'y aura qu'un tirage modeste en terme de quantité.
Sachant que le jeux est annoncé à 25€ à Essen et 33 en boutique, je n'ai pas hésité. Même si ce n'est que de la poudre aux yeux, ça ne m'aura pas coûté trop cher.

Non, le risque est limité à ce tarif là. J'attends donc tes retours avec impatience et tu nous feras une belle présentation de tout cela ;)

Don Lopertuis

Paul Grogan dit:DAY 14: End of the Week!
It is the end of week 2. How time flies. Yesterday I showed a card and felt guilty because it was a bit too similar to an earlier card and thought I'd get hundreds of emails saying "Show us something new already", so I decided to spice things up by only partially explaining elemental attacks and blocks which caused more comments and Q&A than anything else!
So, apologies for not making it clear, thanks for all the questions, and hopefully now everyone understands Fire and Ice a bit more.
Today is also special as after many, many days of pretty solid work, the rulebooks are off to the printers. The good news is that the rulebooks look awesome. The layout / typesetting / graphics is top notch (Some people would say I'm a bit biased since I'm friends with the people doing it, but what the heck). The bad news is that every time we ran it past our proofreaders, they found other things to correct. Every effort has been spent to try and get it correct, but eventually, the deadline arrived and we just had to send what we had. There may still be the odd comma in the wrong place, or a word that should have had a capital letter didnt, etc. But I hope that the rules are actually correct, so anything left is just a minor thing. It's been hard work, but a pleasure and and honour to be involved in something of this scale.
For those interested, the game will come with 2 x 20 page books that are jam-packed full of stuff. One book is a walkthrough. It teaches you 90% of the rules of the game and is perfect (and essential) for learning it. It is literally a walkthrough, allowing you to play and learn as you go.
The second booklet is a combination of the full rules (but without any fluff or examples), and then a whole section on variant rules and scenarios.

So - to celebrate all of this....and to coincide with the fact that I couldnt choose between which 3 cards to show you today....I've gone with all 3!

All of these cards give bonuses to Movement. The basic effect gives Move 2 and the stronger effect gives Move 4. However, the other effects are quite different.
Just have a look at Agility and think of the possibilities and combos with other cards. You have lots of movement cards in hand and some mana to power them. Play them all, get a zillion move points and then completely obliterate the enemy you started the turn next to without actually moving at all. Trust me, I've seen it done.
Ambush is also good. In some situations, better than Agility, since you get Move 2 and +1 attack, whereas Agility gives you just Move 2 but the option to convert Move into Attack.
And Steady Tempo is one of the rare cards which allows you to play it and then play it again later in the round. If you keep powering it with blue mana, you can in fact play it each turn as it goes on top of your deck before you replenish your hand to your hand limit.

Well, thats it folks. No more action cards. We covered basic action cards in the first week, and advanced actions in the second week. We've gone off topic on a few occasions to explain other game concepts.
Next week we start introducing the enemy tokens which represent the things you're going to be fighting against. It's time to put all those rules you've learned so far into practice as you look at the cards in your hand, turn over the hidden enemy token, look at the big numbers and all the symbols on the enemy, look at the cards in your hand again and say "Oh sh......."
Paul Grogan dit:End of Week bonus Preview
http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1098376.jpg

Map Tile Number 9. This means in the tutorial scenario, this is the 7th Tile in the pile, since you put them out in numeric order and 1&2 start the game already in play.
3 new locations to explain! Keeps, Mage Towers and Dungeons. No points for guessing which is which.
Keeps
These actually come out as early as Tile #3, which will be the first tile revealed once the game actually starts in the tutorial scenario. So, keeps are not that nasty.
The big difference between Keeps and Orcs is this:
Orcs are rampaging. This means they exert and area of control around them and moving near them provokes them into attacking you. When the enemy token is placed on the board, it is face up, so you know what is there and can plan accordingly.
Keeps are Fortified locations. You still draw a token and put it on the map, but it is placed face down. If you move next to the keep and it is Day, the token is revealed. If it is night, it is not revealed.
Remember the Orcs, you attack them by being adjacent to them and Challenging them. Well, not so with the garrison in the keep. You have to actually move onto the space to initiate a combat. This is known as an Assault.
The other difference is that whilst nobody likes the Orcs and you get +1 reputation for killing them, the inhabitants of the keep are actually some of the local population of this land. When you assault it, you get -1 Reputation.
The enemy is fortified - This means you cannot use Ranged attack in the "Ranged & Siege Attacks" phase. So now you know what Siege Attack is for.
And the tokens in keeps are Grey backed, which are generally a bit more dangerous than the Orcs.
So, why attack a keep. Well, whoever defeats the Garrison marks the keep with their token and they are now the owner. Not only is this worth Fame (VP) at the end of the game, but it gives 2 other benefits. You may now interact with the keep (only you, as the owner) and recruit Units which can be recruited in keeps (more on Units next week). The other benefit is that your keeps provide you with supplies if you are in or adjacent to them. This means that your hand limit is increased by 1, so if your normal hand limit is 5 and you have 2 cards still in hand, then normally you would draw 3 at the end of your turn. If you are in your keep, you would draw 4 cards instead to a hand limit of 6.

Mage Towers
These are mostly the same as keeps. To attack them, you have to move onto the space, you lose 1 reputation. The mage tower contains a violet token, which is face down but is revealed if you are next to the tower during the day. This revealing happens mid movement, so you can move next to the tower, see what it is and then carry on moving into the tower space if you want to (and have move points).
The differences are
a) A violet token is more dangerous than a grey one.
b) When you defeat the garrison, you still mark the keep with a token, but this indicates that it was you who did it. From now on, the mage tower is open to all
c) You (and other players) may recruit Units there that can be recruiting in mage towers
d) You may buy spells from the mages (cost 7 Influence and 1 Mana)
e) Whoever defeats the garrison immediately gets 1 Spell (more on Spells later)

Dungeons
What fantasy game would this be without a dungeon or two. Dungeons are dangerous, I would avoid them near the start of the game.
A dungeon is a safe space. What that means is that the space on the map is safe. You may move onto or through this space safely. Going down the dungeon is an action that you may choose to do.
If you do, you fight a brown monster enemy token. These are about the same difficulty as the violet ones but with different abilities and stats. However, the fight is classed as taking place at Night, which means gold mana cannot be used (which is couldnt if it was Night anyway), but also a Dungeon is not big enough for your Units to join you so you are on your own. You cannot use any of your Units in the fight or use them to take damage for you.
But if you win, not only do you get the fame, you get a reward, which is either a Spell or an Artifact (more on both of these later).
You mark the site with a token to show it was you that completed this adventure (points at end of game). However, there are still other monsters down the dungeon. Any player on future turns can go down the dungeon again. They fight a random monster and get fame, but there is no more special reward, and the token of who did it first is not changed.
Yes, this does mean that one player can just sit on a dungeon when they feel they are good enough, keep going down it every turn, killing monsters and getting Fame. One player did this in our last game, but it is far from the best thing to do as later on in the game, there are ways of getting a lot more Fame than defeating a monster each turn.