[KS (Terminé) : Conan] "Welcome to the Legend" (FAQ/PM p1)

Et de un!
Le CR du marais version 3D est traduit.
Comme d’hab, je poste ici pour relecture de ceux qui veulent (soit je fais pas de fôtes, soit vous êtes satisfaits… j’ai pas encore eu de retours sur mes propals. Hésitez pas, hein, je ne suis pas infaillible, et je ne mords pas :p)
Je laisse les liens vers les images, sans les afficher pour pas encore grossir le post ;)

Here’s a report on a double test gameplay of the 3D Swamp map created by Goreto (the campaign designer guy). “DocSavage35” is the one reporting. Please keep in mind most components pictured are prototypes, too.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/358842villagepicte.jpg
First game, I’ll play as the Overlord. The Book of Skelos is pretty easy to get.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/420534 … erlord.jpg
The minis, with their colored counterbases allow the evaluation of your strength with a glance. The game starts right after the 10 min, joyful explanations by Goreto.
Right at the start, I make the mistake of using way too many energy gems. I have trouble going through the first couple turns, just to get my energy back.
Thankfully, the players spread themselves too much, and forget about their double main goals : Save 9 villagers, or slay my mighty giant snake.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/516575 … picte2.jpg
While Conan doesn’t really wreak havok and Valeria wanders at the other side at the village, I aim for who I deem to be the most dangerous character on this scenario : Shevatas.
His “unblockable” (note from Barlimann : I don’t know the official term yet; the fact that he can walk through blockers as if they didn’t have that ability) skill allows him to lead villagers out of the village, in spite of my picts presence. I can’t accept this! My lovely snake might starve if it doesn’t get his share of yummy villager flesh.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/689676serpent.jpg
We’re in the late part of the game, and those puny adventurers seem to be facing impending doom. Shevatas, in spite of the healing potion he quaffed, is severely wounded. My snake has devoured 4 of the 5 villagers I need to be proclaimed winner, and the so called heroes have saved only three of them.
This is where an unexpected event struck.
Praying to Crom for guidance, Conan receives answers from a wandering prophet in the form of Goreto (this is fluff, no one whined, Goreto decided on his own to intervene ^^), whose advice will completely turn the table.
In a single turn, the remaining villagers are gathered in one hut, protected by the three heroes.
My picts and snake charge the tiny wooden structure, promising a painful death to the fools who will stand in their way.
Shevatas holds to life with a mere, single health gem. The same goes for Valeria. Only Conan remains strong and beheads stuff on and on.
Final turn. Shevatas is finally dead… but that gives his companions an extra energy gem recovery.
And that very extra one will allow the heroes to secure the final required villager escape for their victory. A pyrrhic victory for them, but still a defeat for me.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/674760theend.jpg
I am fully aware bad minis placement cost me a win i was about to earn.
That was a huge, long 2 hours + game (O_o), filled with turnarounds, and newbie mistakes. We had lots of fun in a really enjoyable environment.

We want moaaar! A second game is launched. This time, I’ll be playing as Conan.
Hadoken becomes the Overlord, and plays a conservative one, that values his energy gems a lot, spending as few as possible.
However, he is incredibly unlucky (a red die rolls a 1, he rerolls it to a… miss, rerolls again for another miss, then another gem spend FINALLY gives him a 2 (he had 50% to roll 2+ hits). And I won’t cover his incredible succession of double misses with picts, reaching almost perfection at being bad) while we have much more decent rolls and that will hinder him a lot. Besides, the heroes, learning from game 1 mistakes, will secure villagers way more efficiently.
A much quicker game (slightly less than an hour) where naked Conan and Shevatas will save three villagers in a single turn while a dressed Valeria (referring to equipment and gems, of course) saves the last one they needed without too much pressure.
The second game was much more one sided, due to luck or lack of it and the insight from the previous game. Heroes were way better at optimizing their moves.
I really enjoyed the “safer stop or daring extra move” mechanic (need I spend extra gems on this turn or is it better to be conservative in order to have a better following turn). This lead to a mistake on the adventurer’s side during game 2 : We were synchronized, and needed to rest all at once, basically giving 2 consecutive turns to the Overlord.
On the minus side, not much, really.
We played with a prototype so there will be upcoming changes, but extra dice wouldn’t hurt (Conan and his axe need lots of red dice, and I needed to reroll some just to actually complete a single attack)
In my opinion, there’s something Conan doesn’t need. At all. The current mechanisms are simple, easy to get, yet hard to master. We don’t need extra rules for each scenario.
You can really feel the elegance, simple but not simplistic tone of the game, and I wouldn’t want more and more and more overly complicated rules that would make it clunky.
I know Fred Henry is really paying attention to that, and in my opinion, given what we’ve played with, he’s 100% right with that.

Benisa63 dit:[SG - Question]
@Monolith : est-il prévu en SG (ou add-on) un guide pour peindre les figurines ?

Jamie a répondu que "oui, peut être".
Pikaraph dit:
Harrycover dit:moi j'aime bien les nouveaux SG, mais autant les sculpteurs déchirent de talent sur les figurines, autant je trouves les mobiliers proposés très ikéa-style, table tabouret coffre et bibliothèque, c'est assez pauvre, désolé. Mais bon .... c'est pratique les meubles ikéa c'est vrai

Oui, ça manque de vieillissement ou d'apparence medfan. Ca se rattrape avec la peinture, mais bon autant que ce soit gravé pour faciliter la chose (brossage, lavis).

:P :P oui ce serait tout bon ça !
Zemeckis dit:
Benisa63 dit:[SG - Question]
@Monolith : est-il prévu en SG (ou add-on) un guide pour peindre les figurines ?

Jamie a répondu que "oui, peut être".

Il est fort le Jamie
Très très fort

[Scénario]
Dites, j’ai un doute, là… Personne ne l’a traduit, celui de la Citadelle en page 1?

Bonjour,
Je suis tombé par hasard sur le kickstarter (oui je sais honte à moi) mais depuis je suis comme un dingue^^.
Du coup, je vais pledger mais j’aurai une question sur un add-on, Je n’ai pas eu le courage de lire les 1220 pages du post et je m’en excuse si la réponse a été expliqué.
L’addon a book campaign/art book, qu’est ce qu’il apporte?
Je veux dire est ce des nouveaux scenario ou c’est ceux de la boite de base?
Vu que ce n’est pas une exclusivité kickstarter elle sera donc disponible en boutique?
Merci d’avance pour vos réponse

royda dit:Bonjour,
Je suis tombé par hasard sur le kickstarter (oui je sais honte à moi) mais depuis je suis comme un dingue^^.
Du coup, je vais pledger mais j'aurai une question sur un add-on, Je n'ai pas eu le courage de lire les 1220 pages du post et je m'en excuse si la réponse a été expliqué.
L'addon a book campaign/art book, qu'est ce qu'il apporte?
Je veux dire est ce des nouveaux scenario ou c'est ceux de la boite de base?
Vu que ce n'est pas une exclusivité kickstarter elle sera donc disponible en boutique?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponse

Toutes les réponses dans la FAQ page 1 :)
Orpheus dit:Et de un!
Le CR du marais version 3D est traduit.
Comme d'hab, je poste ici pour relecture de ceux qui veulent (soit je fais pas de fôtes, soit vous êtes satisfaits... j'ai pas encore eu de retours sur mes propals. Hésitez pas, hein, je ne suis pas infaillible, et je ne mords pas :p)
Je laisse les liens vers les images, sans les afficher pour pas encore grossir le post ;)

Here's a report on a double test gameplay of the 3D Swamp map created by Goreto (the campaign designer guy). "DocSavage35" is the one reporting. Please keep in mind most components pictured are prototypes, too.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/358842villagepicte.jpg
First game, I'll play as the Overlord. The Book of Skelos is pretty easy to get.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/420534 ... erlord.jpg
The minis, with their colored counterbases allow the evaluation of your strength with a glance. The game starts right after the 10 min, joyful explanations by Goreto.
Right at the start, I make the mistake of using way too many energy gems. I have trouble going through the first couple turns, just to get my energy back.
Thankfully, the players spread themselves too much, and forget about their double main goals : Save 9 villagers, or slay my mighty giant snake.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/516575 ... picte2.jpg
While Conan doesn't really wreak havok and Valeria wanders at the other side at the village, I aim for who I deem to be the most dangerous character on this scenario : Shevatas.
His "unblockable" (note from Barlimann : I don't know the official term yet; the fact that he can walk through blockers as if they didn't have that ability) skill allows him to lead villagers out of the village, in spite of my picts presence. I can't accept this! My lovely snake might starve if it doesn't get his share of yummy villager flesh.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/689676serpent.jpg
We're in the late part of the game, and those puny adventurers seem to be facing impending doom. Shevatas, in spite of the healing potion he quaffed, is severely wounded. My snake has devoured 4 of the 5 villagers I need to be proclaimed winner, and the so called heroes have saved only three of them.
This is where an unexpected event struck.
Praying to Crom for guidance, Conan receives answers from a wandering prophet in the form of Goreto (this is fluff, no one whined, Goreto decided on his own to intervene ^^), whose advice will completely turn the table.
In a single turn, the remaining villagers are gathered in one hut, protected by the three heroes.
My picts and snake charge the tiny wooden structure, promising a painful death to the fools who will stand in their way.
Shevatas holds to life with a mere, single health gem. The same goes for Valeria. Only Conan remains strong and beheads stuff on and on.
Final turn. Shevatas is finally dead... but that gives his companions an extra energy gem recovery.
And that very extra one will allow the heroes to secure the final required villager escape for their victory. A pyrrhic victory for them, but still a defeat for me.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/674760theend.jpg
I am fully aware bad minis placement cost me a win i was about to earn.
That was a huge, long 2 hours + game (O_o), filled with turnarounds, and newbie mistakes. We had lots of fun in a really enjoyable environment.

We want moaaar! A second game is launched. This time, I'll be playing as Conan.
Hadoken becomes the Overlord, and plays a conservative one, that values his energy gems a lot, spending as few as possible.
However, he is incredibly unlucky (a red die rolls a 1, he rerolls it to a... miss, rerolls again for another miss, then another gem spend FINALLY gives him a 2 (he had 50% to roll 2+ hits). And I won't cover his incredible succession of double misses with picts, reaching almost perfection at being bad) while we have much more decent rolls and that will hinder him a lot. Besides, the heroes, learning from game 1 mistakes, will secure villagers way more efficiently.
A much quicker game (slightly less than an hour) where naked Conan and Shevatas will save three villagers in a single turn while a dressed Valeria (referring to equipment and gems, of course) saves the last one they needed without too much pressure.
The second game was much more one sided, due to luck or lack of it and the insight from the previous game. Heroes were way better at optimizing their moves.
I really enjoyed the "safer stop or daring extra move" mechanic (need I spend extra gems on this turn or is it better to be conservative in order to have a better following turn). This lead to a mistake on the adventurer's side during game 2 : We were synchronized, and needed to rest all at once, basically giving 2 consecutive turns to the Overlord.
On the minus side, not much, really.
We played with a prototype so there will be upcoming changes, but extra dice wouldn't hurt (Conan and his axe need lots of red dice, and I needed to reroll some just to actually complete a single attack)
In my opinion, there's something Conan doesn't need. At all. The current mechanisms are simple, easy to get, yet hard to master. We don't need extra rules for each scenario.
You can really feel the elegance, simple but not simplistic tone of the game, and I wouldn't want more and more and more overly complicated rules that would make it clunky.
I know Fred Henry is really paying attention to that, and in my opinion, given what we've played with, he's 100% right with that.

Juste une remarque, je mettrais plutôt ça (au début) : Right at the start

19 nouveaux scenarios, et tu en joues 8 par campagne…
Il es exclu cest une erreur le fait qu’il ai pas le logo, et il faudra un pledge king pour pouvoir jouer l’ensemble des scenarios
J’espère avoir répondu :)

lerrianh dit:[Scénario]
Dites, j'ai un doute, là... Personne ne l'a traduit, celui de la Citadelle en page 1?

Je suis sur le coup, ainsi qu'une version "alternative" du marais (que je garde pour la fin).

et merci Pikaraph ;)
Orpheus dit:
Dites, j'ai un doute, là... Personne ne l'a traduit, celui de la Citadelle en page 1?

Je suis sur le coup, ainsi qu'une version "alternative" du marais (que je garde pour la fin).

et merci Pikaraph ;)

De rien, beau boulot :wink:

Rhaaa mais Conan est partout… A la fin du live de la TTTV, bim! Le flux repart sur Conan, le papotage.

Orpheus dit:

et merci Pikaraph ;)

Bah... J'avais indiqué que j'étais sur le coup... :(
aldenya dit:
blob dit:Je viens de recevoir le premier volume Conan Le Cimmérien (Bragelonne édition). Ça va m'occuper en attendant la livraison de la palette que Monolith va me livrer en fin d'année.

mhm hormis si tu lis lentement ( et n'y vois aucun reproche/injure ou autre formes de troll ), ça va pas suffire, ça se dévore vite tellement c'est bon !

Tu as raison, je regrette déjà de ne pas avoir commandé les deux autres volumes, mais je garde mon budget pour les ADD-ON de ce KS de fou furieux.
lerrianh dit:
Orpheus dit:

et merci Pikaraph ;)

Bah... J'avais indiqué que j'étais sur le coup... :(

Ah bah vas y, fais toi plais'
Je vais pas me battre pour faire du boulot déjà fait (ou en cours) :mrgreen:
T'inquiète, j'ai pas de priorité sur qui que ce soit
J'attaque donc le Marais alternatif
blob dit:
aldenya dit:
blob dit:Je viens de recevoir le premier volume Conan Le Cimmérien (Bragelonne édition). Ça va m'occuper en attendant la livraison de la palette que Monolith va me livrer en fin d'année.

mhm hormis si tu lis lentement ( et n'y vois aucun reproche/injure ou autre formes de troll ), ça va pas suffire, ça se dévore vite tellement c'est bon !

Tu as raison, je regrette déjà de ne pas avoir commandé les deux autres volumes, mais je garde mon budget pour les ADD-ON de ce KS de fou furieux.

C'est tout le "souci" oui, il me manque un volume, je voulais le faire là en début d'année... bah nan, le jeu d'abord ! \ o /
MoYo dit:
royda dit:Bonjour,
Du coup, je vais pledger mais j'aurai une question sur un add-on, Je n'ai pas eu le courage de lire les 1220 pages du post et je m'en excuse si la réponse a été expliqué.
L'addon a book campaign/art book, qu'est ce qu'il apporte?
Je veux dire est ce des nouveaux scenario ou c'est ceux de la boite de base?
Vu que ce n'est pas une exclusivité kickstarter elle sera donc disponible en boutique?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponse

Toutes les réponses dans la FAQ page 1 :)

Bon j'ai relu la page 1 mais j'ai pas trouvé les réponse a mes questions.
EDIT: pardon j'ai compris, dans la boite de base ce sont que des scenarios et dans le livre c'est une campagne. Désolé...
D'ailleurs dans la page docs.google vous marqué que "a book campaign" est une exclu kickstarter alors que sur la page du kickstarter il n'a pas le bandeau "exclu kickstarter".
Qu'est ce qui est exact?
royda dit:
Bon j'ai relu la page 1 mais j'ai pas trouvé les réponse a mes questions.
D'ailleurs dans la page docs.google vous marqué que "a book campaign" est une exclu kickstarter alors que sur la page du kickstarter il n'a pas le bandeau "exclu kickstarter".
Qu'est ce qui est exact?

Ce post là pour être précis : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=133638#p1958054 section Campagne
Goreto a également une longue liste de questions à laquelle il doit répondre. On saura donc tout rapidement.
Cette campagne sera une exclu KS.

merci pour tes reponses.
J’avais fait un edit de mon post mais trop tard.
J’avais pas tout compris ^^.
Donc il est nécessaire de le prendre de suite 8) .

royda dit:merci pour tes reponses.
J'avais fait un edit de mon post mais trop tard.
J'avais pas tout compris ^^.
Donc il est nécessaire de le prendre de suite 8) .

Pas de problème :)
J'ai aussi édité mon post car je pensai qu'il y avait plus d'infos page 1.
Il y a encore une longue liste de questions à laquelle Goreto doit amener des réponses :)